Tuesday, September 4, 2012

I Just Listened to...


I love audiobooks…

Thanks to http://www.audiobooksync.com/ SYNC Summer 2012, I have a whole library of great “listens”.  I am addicted to audio books, especially when I walk with my dog early each morning.  This summer SYNC Summer 2012 gave away 2 audio books every week, for FREE!  They linked together a modern Young Adult book to a Classic.  For example Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen was linked with Irises by Francisco X. Stork.  I just finished listening to Irises and thoroughly enjoyed it. 

Mary and Kate, sisters in El Paso, must learn to live on their own after tragedy strikes their family, again.   Brought up by their strict father, these girls are no strangers to responsibility and discipline, what they need to learn is how to LIVE.  Boys, clothes, hobbies, dreams, life all need to be rediscovered as they fight through the tough rules set by their father; rules they no longer need to obey, but that they are finding difficult to let go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment